Wednesday, May 21, 2008

grandma

Grandma's are such special people in a person's life, no matter how old you are.

Today, I am thinking of my grandma... see, she is pretty ill and well, they don't give her much time. BUT, she is one tough lady.
Over the last few months, I have spent a lot of time reminiscing and remembering all the fun we had together... like sitting in the shopping mall watching people and laffing our butts off till we cried. We never went to the mall to shop really, but more to enjoy ourselves by walking, talking and laffing. I remember racing her to the only restroom on a vacation only to have her pull trump on me by saying she was older than me and I should respect my elders. LOL I have to admit, I learned to bake from the best darn baker in the world, Grandma Hazel!
My grandma was like a second mom to me... she helped my mom to raise us after mom and dad got divorced. She taught me to tie my shoes, she taught me to clean house, she taught me some good life lessons - but most of all, she taught me how to remember to laff once in awhile. She was an incredible woman...and still is.
I love you grandma!

1 comment:

Chester said...

HapiBlogging to you my friend! Have a nice day!